Words
|
文字
|
I had this thought a while ago, |
我突然有了這樣的念頭: |
‘My darling cannot understand |
“我的愛人不會理解 |
What I have done, or what would do |
我所做的,或將做的, |
In this blind bitter land.' |
在這片盲聾的大地上。” |
And I grew weary of the sun |
于是我厭倦了太陽 |
Until my thoughts cleared up again, |
直到我的想法重新理清, |
Remembering that the best I have done |
記起我做過的最好的事情 |
Was done to make it plain; |
就是曾經向你坦誠。 |
That every year I have cried,‘At length My darling understands it all, |
每年里我都曾呼喊:“終于,你會明白我的一切, |
Because I have come into my strength, |
因為我已盡了全力, |
And words obey my call'; |
我的文字也聽從我的差遣。” |
That had she done so who can say |
若她理解了又當如何? |
What would have shaken from the sieve? |
篩子里會漏下些什么? |
I might have thrown poor words away And been content to live. |
我也許終會拋開無益的文字,去安于實際的生活。 |