be getting/running low
短缺;不足
The gas is running/getting low.
油快沒了。
We're running low on food; I'm going to get some at the supermarket.
食物快吃完了,我等會兒去超市買些回來。
A: Let's stop for a rest, I'm exhausted.
咱們停下來休息一會兒吧,我累壞了。
B: Me too. I also need to apply some insect repellent and drink some water.
我也是我,還需要涂點防蚊液,喝點水。
A: What an amazing view. The scenery is so spectacular.
好美的景色啊,這景色真是好壯觀。
B: Yeah, I wish we could do this more often. No bosses to tell us what to do and no deadlines to meet.
是啊,真希望我們能夠常出來走走。這里不會有老板叫我們做東做西,也不需要趕期限日。
A: Hey, is this your favorite hiking trail?
嘿,這就是你最喜歡的步道嗎?
B: Nah, I prefer difficult trails that are steep and challenging. This one is too easy for my liking.
不是,我偏好難度高的。陡峭,有挑戰(zhàn)性,這條步道對我來說太好走了。
A: I'll check the map to see if there is a stream up ahead. I'm getting low on water.
我看看地圖,確認前方是不是有條溪流。我的水快喝光了。
B: Okay, hey, what time did you tell the ranger we would be back by?
好的,嘿,你跟森林管理員說我們幾點回去?
A: Six o'clock——that's an hour before sunset。
六點——日落前一小時。
B: Then we should head off. Otherwise, we'll be late.
那我們該掉頭回去了,不然我們會來不及了。