翻開第一頁
"We are reading the first line of the first chapter of abook
"我們正在讀一本書的第一章第一行,
whose pages are infinite..."
這本書的頁數是無限的..."
I do not know who wrote those words,
我不知道是誰寫的,
but I have always liked them as a reminder
可我很喜歡這句話,它提醒我們
that the future can be anything we want to make it.
未來是由自己創(chuàng)造的。
We can take the mysterious,
我們可以把神秘,
hazy future and carve out of it anything that we can imagine,
不可預知的未來塑造成我們想象中的模樣,
just as a sculptor carves a statue from a shapeless stone.
猶如雕刻家將未成形的石頭刻成雕像一樣。
We are all in the position of the farmer.
我們每個人都像是農夫
If we plant a good seed,we reap a good harvest.
灑下良種將有豐收,
If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop.
灑下劣種或野草叢生將顆粒無收。
If we plant nothing at all,we harvest nothing at all.
沒有耕耘則會一無所獲
I want the future to be better than the past.
我希望未來比過去更加美好,
I don't want it contaminated by the mistakes and errors with which history is filled.
希望未來不會沾染歷史的錯誤與過失。
We should all be concerned about the future
我們都應舉目向前,
because that is where we will spend the remainder of our lives.
因我們的一生要用未來書寫。
The past is gone and static.Nothing we can do will change it.
往昔已逝,靜如止水;我們無法再做改變。
The future is before us and dynamic. Everything we do will affect it.
而前方的未來正生氣勃勃;我們所做的每一件事都將會影響著它。
Each day brings with it new frontiers,
每天我們的面前都會展現出新的天地,
in our homes and in our business,if we only recognize them.
無論是在家中還是在工作上,只要我們能認識到這一點。
We are just at the beginning of the progress
我們正站在進步的起跑點。
in every field of human endeavor.
在人類致力開拓的每一片領域上。