https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/575/19.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
SCENE③ A 吉娜去她老板的隔間看他
【我就不拐彎抹角了】
Zina: Vince. We're both busy, so I'm not going to beat around the bush. I need a 1) raise.
吉娜: 文斯。大家都很忙,我就不拐彎抹角了。我要加薪。
Vince: I can't do that, Zina. You know I can't.
文斯: 辦不到,吉娜。你知道我無能為力的。
Zina: 2) Bull. I're done my 3) research. I know you still 4) control more than 65 percent of InfoKing 5) options.
吉娜: 胡扯。我做了研究。我知道你仍掌握了“資訊王”百分之六十五以上的股權。
Vince: Who told you that?
文斯: 誰跟你說的?
Zina: That doesn't matter. I want 6) at least 4 percent.
吉娜: 那不重要。我少說要百分之四。
語言詳解
A: I have done extensive research on the French Revolution.
我對法國大革命做過廣泛的研究。
B: Then you must have been to Paris.
那你一定去過巴黎。
【beat around the bush拐彎抹角】
beat around the bush原意是指獵人在打獵時,先在草叢附近拍打,以讓鳥類獵物受驚而現出蹤跡,引申出藉由迂回的方式,不針對問題回答,猶如中文里的“拐彎抹角”:
A: Stop beating around the bush, and tell me what you want.
別拐彎抹角,告訴我你要什么。
B: I want a divorce.
我要離婚。
A: What did Tom want to tell you?
湯姆那時想要跟你說什么?
B: I'm not sure. He kept beating around the bush.
我不確定。他一直在拐彎抹角。
1)raise (n.) 加薪
2) bull 原意是“公?!保@里是用作 bullshit 委婉說法。
3) research (n.) 研究
4) control (v.) 控制
5) option (n.) 選擇,此指“股票選擇權”
6) at least 至少,起碼