托德:凱倫,你好。
Keren: Hello.
凱倫:你好。
Todd: I thought we would talk about travelling. Now you've travelled to many places, many continents.
托德:我們來談談旅游吧。你去很多地方旅行過,去過很多大陸。
Keren: Yes.
凱倫:對。
Todd: Can you talk about some of the places you've been to.
托德:你能說幾個你去過的地方嗎?
Keren: Yes. First of all, I spent about four and a half months in Australia. I suppose the most amazing place I went to there was Uluru.
凱倫:好。首先,我在澳大利亞呆了四個半月。我去過的最神奇的地方是烏魯魯。
Todd: Uluru.
托德:烏魯魯。
Keren: Ayers Rock. And it's just an incredible place which is... the land is very barren and very red and the sky is very blue and it's just beautiful.
凱倫:艾爾斯巖石。那里是一個不可思議的地方,土地非常貧瘠,呈現出通紅的顏色,而天空又非常湛藍,那里太漂亮了。
Todd: Wow, And what's it called again?
托德:哇,那個地方叫什么來著?
Keren: Uluru.
凱倫:烏魯魯。
Todd: Uluru. OK, besides there, anywhere else?
托德:烏魯魯。好,除了那里,還有其他推薦的地方嗎?
Keren: I've also been to South America. I spent a year in Peru and while I was there I went to Machu Picchu.
凱倫:我還去過南美洲。我在秘魯呆了一年的時間,我在秘魯時去了馬丘比丘。
Todd: Machu Picchu. What is Machu Picchu?
托德:馬丘比丘。馬丘比丘是什么?
Keren: Machu Picchu is an ancient ruin of an old Inca town.
凱倫:馬丘比丘是印加古城的遺址。
Todd: Do you know how old it is?
托德:你知道馬丘比丘有多少年的歷史嗎?
Keren: Probably about seven hundred, eight hundred years old, I think. It's not actually that old.
凱倫:我想大概有七八百年的歷史吧。并沒有那么古老。
Todd: Oh, really.
托德:哦,真的嗎?
Keren: Really
.凱倫:真的。
Todd: Huh! That's interesting.
托德:哈!這很有意思。
Keren: Yeah.
凱倫:對。
Todd: OK, any other places?
托德:好,還有其他地方嗎?
Keren: I spent quite a lot of time in Spain and the most interesting place I went there was Granada.
凱倫:我在西班牙呆了很大時間,我認為西班牙最有意思的地方是格拉納達。
Todd: Granada.
托德:格拉納達。
Keren: Yeah.
凱倫:對。
Todd: OK, what's in Granada?
托德:格拉納達是哪里?
Keren: The Alhambra which is the old Muslim capitol of Spain. And it's an amazing old town with Muslim palaces.
凱倫:格拉納達的阿爾罕布拉宮曾是西班牙古老的穆斯林宮殿。格拉納達是一座非常棒的古鎮(zhèn),有很多穆斯林宮殿。
Todd: And there is just one palace or is there many, many palaces?
托德:是只有一個宮殿還是有很多宮殿?
Keren: There is many, many ruins and there's a lot to do. You can spend the whole day there walking around the different old buildings that were built in different times.
凱倫:有很多宮殿,很多遺址,有很多可以做的事情。你可以花一整天的時間在建造于不同時期的古老建筑之間漫步。
Todd: Very cool. So, you've seen something in Australia, in South America, in Europe, how about Asia?
托德:真酷。你談了澳大利亞、南美和歐洲的景色,那亞洲呢?
Keren: Asia. I've been to Japan and Thailand and Malaysia and Singapore.
凱倫:亞洲。我去過日本、泰國、馬來西亞和新加坡。
Todd: And what is you favorite place in Asia?
托德:你最喜歡亞洲的哪個地方?
Keren: Hm. It's a difficult question. I liked Hokkaido
.凱倫:嗯,這很難回答。我喜歡北海道。
Todd: Hokkaido?
托德:北海道?
Keren: Yeah, in Japan. Hmm... I spent a week there working on a farm, and it was just a really interesting place to be.
凱倫:對,在日本。我在那里度過了一周的時間,在一家農場打工,那里真的是一個很有趣的地方。
Todd: Cool. Well, thanks, Keren.
托德:真酷。謝謝你,凱倫。
Keren: It's Ok.
凱倫:不客氣。