Kerri: OK. 好的。
Todd: Do you like summer? 你喜歡夏天嗎?
Kerri: Yes, I do. 是的,我喜歡
Todd: OK. Why? 為什么呢?
Kerri: Because it's warm, and blue skies, and fluffy white clouds. 因為夏天很溫暖,天很藍,還有松軟的白色云彩。
Todd: That's true. Now, you grew up in Southern California. What was it like growing up on the beach in the summer? 是的。你在南加利福尼亞州長大的。在沙灘陽光下長大的感覺怎么樣?
Kerri: It was great. It was a lot of fun. It's nice. 太好了。有很多樂趣,很棒。
Todd: Did you learn how to surf? 你學沖浪了嗎?
Kerri: I tried a couple of times but I didn't want to learn in the summer time cause the beaches are too crowded so I tried in the winter but the water is very cold so I gave up after a couple of tries. 我試了好幾次,但我不想在夏天學,因為夏天沙灘上總是擠滿了人,所以我試著在冬天學沖浪,但水又很冷,所以我試了還幾次最終還是放棄了。
Todd: Oh, really. Even in winter it's too cold, the water. 哦,真的。冬天水太冷了。
Kerri: Yeah, the Pacific's cold. 是的,因為太平洋寒流。