13 當我長大后
When I grow up, I don't want to be like my parents.
我長大后,不要像我父母一樣。
I don't want to be like my teacher, either.
我也不要像我的老師。
In fact, I don't want to be like anybody I know.
事實上,我不要像我認識的任何人。
Everybody is just too busy.
每個人都太忙碌了。
They don't seem to have time for anything except work.
他們似乎除了工作之外就沒有時間做任何事。
They have their lives, but to me, they aren't really living.
他們有自己的生活,但對我而言,他們并不是真的活著。
There must be more to life than just work.
生活中一定有比工作更重要的事。
I have,therefore, decided that when I grow up, I want to be a writer.
因此,我決定長大后要當作家。
I will travel around as much as possible to learn about life.
我要盡可能到世界各地去旅行來體驗人生。
Eventually, I'll write a book telling people how to live a full life.
最后,我要寫一本書來告訴人們?nèi)绾芜^充實的生活。
I may be too ambitious, but I believe that one day my dream will come true.
我也許野心太大了,但我相信我的夢想總有一天會實現(xiàn)的。
短語解析:
1.grow up 長大
例:When Jimmy grows up,he wants to be a soldier.
吉米長大后想當軍人。
2. not…,either 也不……
例:I don't like Mexican food and my wife doesn't, either.
我不喜歡墨西哥菜,我太太也不喜歡。
3. in fact 事實上
例:In fact, Sarah learned English by listening to our radio broadcasts.
事實上,薩拉是聽我們的廣播學英文的。