單詞解析
quarrel
爭吵;口角
quarrel with sb about/over sth
和某人爭吵關于某事
I quarrelled with my wife about money.
我和我妻子為了錢吵了起來。
patch up
平息(爭吵);修補(關系)
She has gone holiday with her husband to try to patch up their marriage.
她跟她丈夫度假去了,以補救他們的婚姻。
經典對話
A: You look so upset. What's wrong with you?
你看起來很沮喪,怎么啦?
B: I quarreled with my wife yesterday, so she has run away from home for about an hour. I immediately regretted. I really want to make peace and patch up our quarrel. I didn't figure out how to do it.
昨天我和妻子吵架了,所以她已經離家出走大約十個小時了。我立刻就后悔了,我真的想言歸于好,結束我們之間的爭吵。我不知道該怎么辦。
A: Listen to me. Firstly of all, you should keep looking for her until you find her.
聽我說,你應該一直找,直到找到她。
B: But I don't know where she is. I didn't find her in our house and her mother's house.
我不知道她在哪里,我在家里和她媽媽家里都沒有找到她。
A: You might go to her friend's house.
你可以去她朋友家找她。
B: I'll give a try.
我會試一試。
A: Secondly. You should think carefully about what is the key point of contention. And whose fault is it?
其次,你還需要考慮清楚你們的爭論的焦點是什么,到底是誰的錯?
contention表示“爭論”
A: I understand. I don't know if she can give me another chance.
我明白了,我不知道她是否還能再給我一次機會。
B: Don't think too much. The most important thing for you is to find her first. I will help you.
別想太多,對你來說最重要的還是先找到她,我會幫你的。