pardon me
Pardon me for saying so, but you've got it all wrong.
不好意思和你直說,你全都弄錯了。
Pardon me, can you direct me to the train station?
打擾一下,你可以告訴我去火車站的路嗎?
Conversation:
A: Dad, can I talk to you?
爸爸,我可以跟你聊聊嗎?
B: Of course, Sweetie. What's up?
親愛的,當然可以,怎么了?
A: I need to apologize to someone and I don't know what to say.
我需要對某人道歉,但是不知道該說什么。
B: You should be direct, use their name, be sincere and say that you regret what you did or said. I always say"I owe you an apology".
你應該直接一點,稱呼他們的大名,要顯出誠意,然后表明你做了或說了什么而感到懊悔。我每次都會說:“我該向你道歉”。
A: But what if they get angry?
可是如果他們生氣呢?
B: Most people are forgiving, so there's no need to worry. In fact, if they can't find it in their heart to forgive you, they're not very nice people.
大部分的人都是很有度量的,所以不用擔心。事實上,如果他們不能原諒他們,就不是很好相處的人。
A: Thanks, Daddy. You've been a great help.
多謝爸爸,您幫了大忙。
B: Anytime, Sweetie. So who do you need to apologize to?
親愛的,不客氣,那么你需要對誰道歉呢?
A: You, Daddy. I'm so sorry I scratched your new car with my bicycle.
爸爸,就是您。我真的很抱歉,我的腳踏車刮花了您的新車。