How is it going?
How is everything going?
最近怎么樣?
You look in a good mood.
你看起來心情很好。
be in a good/bad mood
心情好/差
How have you been getting along?
你們相處怎么樣?
get along
進展;相處
It couldn't be worse.
簡直不能再糟糕了。
What have you been up to(lately)?
最近在忙什么?
I heard you're doing well.
我聽說你發(fā)展的不錯。
A: Good morning, Cathy.
早上好,凱西。
B: Good morning, John.
早上好,約翰。
A: You look tired, what have you been up to lately?
你看起來很疲憊,最近在忙什么呢?
B: Don't mention it. Something is wrong with one of the projects I'm in charge of, and I've been busy working on it lately. I haven't slept well in days. I just came out of company.
別提了,我負責的一個項目出了問題,我最近忙著解決這件事呢。我已經好幾天沒好好睡覺了,我剛從公司出來。
"Don't mention it".作“別提了”,表示對某種情況很不滿或很無奈;作“別客氣”解多用來對別人感謝做出回應。
"in charge of"意為“負責”,表示主動,其主語只能是人,而in the charge of意為“負責”,常用主動形式表被動,主語是事物。比如:I'm in charge of this project. This project is in the charge of me.我負責這個項目。
A: I know your work is important, but health is more important. If you go on like this, your body will break down.
我知道你的工作很重要,但是身體更重要啊,你再這樣下去身體會垮掉的。
break down可以表示“身體垮掉”,“機器壞掉”等
B: Well, my problem at work has been solved. I have taken two days off and I'll have a good rest.
我工作上的問題已經解決了,我請了兩天假,好好休息一下。
take days off意為“休幾天假”,ask for leave意為“請假”,be on leave意為 “休假”
A: That's good. My daughter is back from abroad, and I'm going to pick her up at the airport. But what is even worse is that my car breaks down, so I have to take a taxi.
那就好,我女兒從國外回來了,我要去機場接他,但是倒霉的是我的車壞了,我只好打出租車了。
pick sb up意為“接送某人”;What is even worse意為“更糟糕的是”
B: I can drive you there.
我開車送你去。
A: Come on. You'd better go home and get some rest.
得了吧,你還是趕緊回家休息吧。
B: All right. Bye.
那好吧,再見。