much as I'd like to
盡管我很想去
much as盡管
Much as I admire him,I can't excuse his faults.
盡管我很佩服他,我不能原諒他的錯誤。
Much as I like butter,I never eat much at a time.
盡管我很喜歡黃油,我一次絕不吃多。
A:Jane,I was wondering if you had any plans for Saturday afternoon?
簡,我想知道你周六下午是否有什么打算?
B:A friend and I are planning to go out.Why?What's up?
我和我的一位朋友準備外出。怎么了?有什么事嗎?
A:There's a special exhibition of French Sculptures at the museum.I was hoping you'd like to come with me.
博物館有一個法國雕塑的特別展覽。我本希望你能和我一起去。
B:I'm afraid I can't.I'm going to be out all day.
我恐怕不行。我得外出一天呢。
A:What about Sunday?
那么周日怎么樣?
B:I wish I could,but it's my mom's birthday.
我倒是希望我能去,不過那天是我媽媽的生日。
A:Maybe next week?
也許下周可以?
B:Much as I'd like to,I'm afraid I won't be free next week.I have a lot of work.
盡管我很想去,但恐怕下周我沒空。我有很多工作要做。
A:Sorry to hear that.I was really looking forward to spending some more time with you.I really enjoyed our last chat.
聽你這么說真是太遺憾了。我真希望能和你多呆會。我們上次聊得很愉快。
B:I'm really sorry,too.Maybe I can give you a call sometime.
我也感到很抱歉。也許我可以找個時間給你打電話。