I want to have a few friends over for a dinner party
我想請幾個朋友過來到家里來參加晚宴。
have sb over
把某人請到家里來
I'll have some friends over at the weekend.
這個周末我要請一些朋友到家里來。
A:Good morning,Mary!
早上好,瑪麗。
B:Good morning,John!
早上好,約翰。
A:I want to have a few friends over for a dinner party to celebrate my birthday.Would you be able to come the next weekend,on Saturday?
我想請幾個朋友過來到家里來參加晚宴,慶祝一下我的生日。下周末六你能來嗎?
B:I'd be delighted to,John.Did you say Saturday?
我很樂意來,約翰。你是說周六嗎?
A:Yes,if that's all right for you.
是的,如果你方便的話。
B:I'm pretty sure it'll be all right.In fact,I'd be glad to come over and celebrate your birthday with you.What time are you planning to start?
我很確定這時間對我來說很好。實際上,我很高興過來和你一起過生日。你打算什么時候開始呢?
A:Oh,good.If you could come around six-thirty or seven o'clock,that would give us some time to chat a while over a glass of wine before dinner.
哦,太好了。如果你能在六點半或者七點來,咱們在晚飯前還有時間喝杯酒聊聊天。
B:That sounds fine.I'll be there around seven.
聽起來不錯。我大概七點到吧。