You okay, Spencer? 你還好嗎 斯賓塞
Yeah.I, um... 嗯 我
I heard from UPenn this morning... 我今天收到了賓大的通知
and I didn't get in. 我沒有被錄取
I'm sorry. 我感到很遺憾
I'm sorry, uh... 真的很遺憾
Are there any other schools-- 還有其他學校...
Not for my family, no. 我們家人看上的沒有了
I'll be the first one not to go. 我會是第一個沒有去賓大的人
Sorry. I, um, I haven't told my parents, 不好意思 我還沒告訴父母
and I haven't even told my friends. 也沒告訴我的朋友們
I don't really know why I told you. 我也不知道為什么告訴你
So I'd just really appreciate it if you-- 你不說出去的話我會很感激...
No, no. No. I won't say a word. 不 不 我不會說出去的
I've actually been asked to help out with college essays. 事實上 學校要求我輔導大學申請論文
So when you're ready to think of other schools, 當你準備考慮其他學校時
I'm here for you. 我會幫你
It's really important to have a second choice, 即使你一心想達成一件事
even if you had your heart set on something else. 但有個備選是非常重要的
If I were you, I would 如果我是你 我會
actually apply to other schools right away. 立刻開始申請其他學校
And you can email me the essay 你可以把論文發(fā)給我
and maybe we can work on it over the weekend. 我們這個周末就開始
Thanks. 謝謝
Hey, Spencer. 對了 斯賓塞
It's their loss. 這是他們的損失