沒有什么比不回復更糟糕的了,在商業(yè)中、友情里,尤其是戀情中更甚。
But the bad news is, no answer is your answer.
但是壞消息是,沒回復就是你的回復。
He may not have written you a good-bye note, buthis silence is a deafening "see you later."
他也許沒給你留一張再見便簽,但是他的沉默就是一句震耳欲聾的“再見”。
The only reason to ever write him again is to give him the chance to say it louder, with words.
再給他寫郵件的唯一原因就是給他一個機會說的更大聲,用話語描述。
And don't you remember? You're far too busy and popular for that.
你不記得了么?你太忙、太受歡迎了。
The "But Can't I at Least Yell at Him" Excuse?
“但是至少我可以吼他”的借口
Dear Greg,
親愛的格雷格,
I was dating a guy seriously for three months when he suddenly disappeared.
我和一個男人認真交往3個月后,他突然失蹤了。
I didn't hear from him for days.
我很多天沒聽到他的消息。
I was worried, so I called his best friend and he told me that my boyfriend got back togetherwith his old girlfriend and moved in with her.
我很擔心,所以我打電話給他最好的朋友,他告訴我說我男友和他的前任復合了并且住到了一起。
I get that he's just not that into me, but don't I have the right to find out how he could do thatto me?
我知道他沒那么喜歡我,但是難道我沒有權利去問清楚為什么他要這么對我嗎?
Don't I have the right to not let him get away with it?
難道我沒有權利阻止他逃脫逍遙嗎?
Signed Renee
蕾妮
Dear Just Walk Away Renee,
親愛的蕾妮一走了之,
Sure. But guess what. He knows you're going to be pissed. He's a colossal asshole, not an idiot.
當然了。但是猜猜怎樣。他知道你會生氣。他是個大混蛋,不是傻子。
He played the whole thing out in his head. That's why he just disappeared.
他在腦子里早就計劃好了整件事情。所以他消失了。
What he doesn't know is how quickly you can get over him and his bad behavior.
他不知道的是你要多久才能忘記他和他的惡劣行徑。
You'll show him that by never talking to him, or his friends, ever again.
你應該用你的行為告訴他,再也不要跟他以及他的朋友講話,永遠不要。
P.S. : And he's not getting away with anything. Everywhere he goes, he's still an asshole.
附注:他別想逃之夭夭。不管他去哪里,他依舊是個混蛋。
Greg
格雷格
In the short term it might feel good to call someone and yell at him.
就目前而言,打電話吼他感覺很好。
But in the long run, you will have wished that you had not given him that much credit forruining your life. Or even your day.
但是長遠來說,你會希望自己沒有給他毀了你的生活或者日子以太多的肯定。
Let someone else expend that kind of energy on him.
讓其他人在他身上花費精力吧。
It may feel like you're letting him "get away with something."
這會讓你感覺放他僥幸得逞。
But trust me, nothing you say is going to be news to him.
但是相信我,你說的任何話對他而言都不是什么新聞。
And you've got much better things to do with your time.
你自己還有很多更好的事情需要料理。