1. about:
1)關于(常有較活的譯法):
What have you been busy about?
你一直在忙什么?
He's very happy about it.
他對此非常高興。
What shall I do about the luggage?
行李怎么辦?
When I first saw you together.I was so happy about it.
我開始看到你們在一起時,我是那樣高興。
2)在周圍:
We stood all about him.
我們在他周圍站著.
Everything about me was so beautiful.
我周圍的一切都那樣美。
3)在某范圍內(隨便活動):
He walked restlessly about the room.
他在屋里不安地來回走著。
I wandered alone about the town.
我一個人在城里逛。
4)用于某些成語:
When shall we meet? How about Friday?
什么時候碰頭?星期五如何?
What(How) about going by bike?
騎自行車去怎樣?
I'll see about the tickets.
票的事我來想辦法。
Then he set about his packing.
于是,他開始整理行裝。
Do you know how to go about it?
你知不知道這事該如何進行?
2. above:
1)在……上方:
A satellite flies high above the clouds.
一顆衛(wèi)星在云層上方高處飛行。
Above it hung an oil painting by Raphael.
在它上方掛著一張拉斐爾的油畫。
2)在……以上(之上):
The mountain is 1,000 feet above sea level.
這座山海拔一千英尺。
The temperature was only a degree above zero.
氣溫只有零上一度。
3)above用于某些成語:
The children,above all,need love.
孩了們首先需要愛。
He is above doing such a thing.
他不會做出這樣的事來。
William is above meanness.
威廉不會做出卑鄙的事。
A clock must above all be exact.
鐘首先要走得準。