https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0008/8819/Float Your Boat 你開心就好.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目。
You need water for a boat to float.
船要漂浮起來,是需要水的。
But in American English, just about anything can float your boat. Let's listen.
但在美式英語中,幾乎任何東西都能讓你的船浮起來。讓我們聽聽這是什么意思。
Anna, are you reading another children's book?
安娜,你在看另一本兒童讀物嗎?
Yes. I read about two a week.
沒錯,我每周要讀兩本。
Wow. Well, whatever floats your boat.
哇!好吧,只要你開心就好。
Children's books have magic and adventure. What's not to love?
兒童讀物里有魔法和冒險。為什么不愛呢?
If something "floats your boat", it makes you happy.
如果某個東西“floats your boat”,意思就是它會讓你開心。
Sometimes we say, "whatever floats your boat" when we don't fully understand why someone likes something so much.
當我們不能完全理解為什么有人會那么喜歡某個東西的時候,我們有時就會說“你開心就好”。
People probably say this to Anna quite a bit.
大家可能經(jīng)常會跟安娜這么說。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。