佩里:快看這個美女!只要能讓她跟我約會,我愿做任何事情。
Lynn: You should go talk to her and ask her for hernumber.
林恩:你應該過去和她搭話,然后要她的電話號碼。
Perry: No way! She’s completely out of my league.See that guy she’s talking to? He’s the kind of guy who’ll get her number.
佩里:沒辦法!我沒那個艷福??纯茨莻€在和她交談的家伙。那種人才能要到她的電話號碼。
Lynn: That guy has nothing on you. The only thing that guy has that you don’t is confidence.
林恩:那家伙完全不能和你相比。你唯一不如他的地方就是信心不足。
Perry: See? She’s giving him her number. I don’t have a chance.
佩里:看到了嗎?她把電話號碼給他了。我沒機會了。
Lynn: But look what he’s doing with it. He’s throwing it away. What a jerk! Wait here.
林恩:等等,看他做了什么?他把號碼扔了。這個白癡!在這里等我。
Perry: Hey, where are you going?
佩里:嘿,你去哪兒?
Lynn: I’ve got it. Here it is. Here’s her number. Call her.
林恩:我把它撿回來了。給你。這是她的電話號碼。給她打電話。
Perry: Call her?! Out of the blue? You’re crazy. She’ll think I’m some kind of creep.
佩里:給她打電話?!這太突然了吧?你瘋了吧?她會把我當做卑鄙小人。
Lynn: No, she’ll think you’re being bold. She’ll love that.
林恩:不,她會認為你很勇敢。她會喜歡你這樣做的。
Perry: What am I supposed to say to her? “Hi, I stole your phone number and I’d like a date.”
佩里:我該怎么對她說?這樣說嗎:“嗨,我偷了你的電話號碼。我想和你約會。”
Lynn: No, tell her the truth. Tell her you saw her, admired her from afar, and wanted to ask herout.
林恩:不,告訴她真相。告訴她,你一見她就對她心存愛慕,想和她約會。
Perry: What if she asks me how I got her number?
佩里:如果她問我怎么知道她的電話號碼的,我怎么回答?
Lynn: Tell her you’ll tell her when you see her on your first date. You'll come off asmysterious. She’ll eat it up.
林恩:你跟她說,你會在你們第一次約會時告訴她的。這會顯得很神秘。她會吃這套的。
Perry: I can’t do it. There’s no way I could do that, could I?
佩里:我做不到。我做不到這一點,我能做到嗎?
Lynn: Yes you can. After all, no guts, no glory!
林恩:是的,你能做到。不入虎穴,焉得虎子!