1.because 表示最強的因果關系
He distrusted me because I was new.他不信任我,因為我是新來的。
We couldn’t go out because it was too cold.因為天氣太冷,我們不能外出。
2.as,since表示顯而易見的或已為人們所知的原因
As you are sorry,I’ll forgive you.既然你悔悟了,我就原諒你。
As all the seats were full,he stood there.由于所有的座位都滿了,他只好站在那里。
Since the weather is so bad,we have to delay our journey.
既然天氣如此差,我們推遲一下行程吧。
3.now that 主要用于口語,強調人們已知的原因
Now that she has apologized,I am content.既然她已經道了歉,我也就滿意了。
Now that you are busy,let me do it for you.既然你忙,就讓我?guī)湍阕霭伞?/p>
【提示】 since和now that引導的原因狀語從句一般位于主句之前。
4.seeing (that),considering (that)表示“既然”
Seeing (that)he refused to help us,there’s no reason that we should now help him.
他既然曾經拒絕幫助我們,我們現(xiàn)在沒有理由要去幫助他。
Considering (that)everybody is here,let’s begin our discussion.
既然大家都到了,我們就開始討論吧。
5.in that常用于書面語中,表示“由于某種原因”
In that he is ill,he feels unable to do it.因為有病,他覺得做不了那件事。