https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你公司的人都做什么鍛煉你在球隊.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論鍛煉,
你公司的人都做什么鍛煉?你在球隊里是什么角色
來聽今天的講解:
A:Do many people in your company do exercise?
你們公司鍛煉的人多嗎?
B:Yes. Many young, single people with desk jobs, like me, join sports clubs for exercise on the weekends.
很多年輕人都進行鍛煉。坐辦公室的單身一族們,像我,周末都會到健身俱樂部去鍛煉。
A:What kind of sports?
玩什么?
B:Volleyball, basketball, and manbe golf if well-off.
排球、籃球,如果經濟寬裕的話就打高爾夫。
A:People who have more money can afford golf. Other sports like volleyball are a good model for teamwork. It is good to do with coworkers.
經濟寬裕的人才打得起高爾夫。其它的運動——像排球——就很適合集體活動,和同事們一起玩很有趣。
B:I think I’ll try volleyball sometime. Playing sports is very social. Nowadays, in modern life, people spend more and more time on their own, so sports are a good way to socialize. What kinds of sports do you like?
我有時也想試試打排球,有利于社交嘛。人們現在獨處的時間好像越來越多了,做些運動是應該有利于社交的。你喜歡什么運動?
A:Mostly soccer, or football, I play in a team.
足球,我參加了一個足球隊。
B:Are you the captain of the team?
你是隊長嗎?
A:No, I am just a player. I’m too old to be the captain.
不,只是個隊員。我太老了,不能當隊長了。
B:What role do you play on the team?
你在隊里是什么角色?
A:You mean what position you play. "What role" is more like "what role did you play in the theater?
"應該說“你踢什么位置”。“什么角色”更多是用在“你在劇中扮演什么角色”這樣的句子里。
B:那你踢什么位置?So what’s your position?
A:I play forward, striker.
我踢前鋒。
B:So you mainly play on the other side's turf trying to score goals.on the other side's turf。
"on someone's turf"直譯為“在他們控制或掌管的草地上”,喻意是“在某人的地盤上”。 那你主要在對方的半場活動,射門。
A:Something like that.
差不多吧。