今天的這段對話,在討論做飯,
你一般多久做一次飯?一般做什么菜
來聽今天的講解:
A: do you like cooking, Julia?
茱莉亞,你喜歡做飯嗎?
B: I really enjoy it, especially when it ends up tasting good!
我很喜歡,尤其是做得好吃的時候.
A: how often do you usually cook?
你一般多久做一次飯?
B: I usually make a few salads for lunch throughout the week and I make dinner about 6 times a week.
我通常每天都做一些沙拉當午飯,每周有6天都做晚飯.
A: that's a lot of cooking. You must save a lot of money by eating at home so much.
那可做得挺多的.你總在家吃飯一定省了不少錢.
B: I do. If you cook at home, you can eat healthy food cheaply.
確實是.如果你在家做飯,飲食就會既健康又實惠.
A: what kind of dishes do you usually make?
你一般做什么菜?
B: I almost always make either a beef roast or a chicken roast with asparagus, parsnips, peas, carrots and potatoes on Sundays.
周日通常不是做烤牛肉就是做烤雞,配上蘆筍,蘿卜,豌豆,胡蘿卜和土豆.
A: do you make a lot of traditional British food?
你常做傳統(tǒng)的英國菜嗎?
B: aside from the Sunday roast, we usually eat bangers and mash, toad-in-the-hole, or fish'n chips once a week.
除了星期日做些燒烤的東西,我們通常平均每周吃一次香腸配土豆泥,面包裹香腸或者炸魚薯條.
A: how about spicy food?
吃辣的嗎?
B: my family loves spicy food. We often eat Chinese, Thai, Indian, or Mexican food when we're in the mood for spice.
我們家人都很愛吃辣的.想吃辣的時候我們就吃中餐,泰餐,印度菜或者墨西哥菜.
A: what's your favorite dish to make?
你最喜歡做什么菜?
B: I absolutely love making mousakka, which is a Greek dish with eggplant. But it takes a lot of time, so I don’t often make it.
我最喜歡做慕沙卡,那是一種用茄子做的希臘菜.不過做這道菜需要花很長時間,所以我不常做.