https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/說說你做過最糟糕的工作嗎.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論工作,
工作有好有壞,說說你做過最糟糕的工作
來聽今天的講解:
A: Hello, this is Diego from Mexico.
大家好,我是迭戈,來自墨西哥。
B: Hi, I'm Silvia from Guatemala.
嗨,我是西爾維亞,來自危地馬拉。
A: And I want to ask you a question. Can you tell me about your worst job ever?
我想問你個問題。你能說說你做過最糟糕的工作嗎?
B: Yeah, I had a really bad job. I was there for two months. Have you seen the movie The Devil Wears Prada?
好,我做過一份非常糟糕的工作。我在那里干了兩個月。你看過《穿普拉達的惡魔》那部電影嗎?
A: Yes.
看過。
B: Well, that movie reminds me of my job.
那部電影讓我想起了我的工作。
A: Really?
是嗎?
B: Imagine.
想象一下。
A: Why?
為什么?
B: Because my boss was the devil. He was. Actually, it was a very exhausting job, and you had to be there by seven a.m. until five. I never left after five. I alwasy. I'm sorry, I never...
因為我的老板是惡魔。他就是惡魔。實際上,那份工作令人疲憊不堪,每天要從早上7點工作到下午5點。我從來沒在5點之后下班過。我一直……抱歉,我說錯了,我從來沒……
A: before five.
沒在5點以前下班過。
B: before five. I always left around six, and still you had to go on Saturday half a day.
我從沒在5點以前下班過。我一直是6點左右下班,而且周六還要上半天班。
A: Oh, and what was this job for?
哦,那份工作要做什么?
B: Actually, it's a clothing chain in Guatemala. It's quite famous, so they have around 80 stores, and the job was in marketing, and the boss was just...
那是危地馬拉一家服裝連鎖公司。那家公司相當有名,有大概80家門店,我做的工作是市場營銷,老板真是……
A: too demanding.
要求太苛刻。
B: And even a little bit, how do you say, like the way of treating people was not nice at all. Like he would even tell you, like, "Are you stupid or what?"
而且,要怎么說,老板對待別人的方式一點也不友善。比如,他甚至?xí)阏f,“你是笨蛋嗎?”
A: Wow, that sounds horrible.
哇哦,那聽起來太可怕了。
B: It was horrible. So that's why the Devil Wears Prada is one of my favorite movies. It just remindsme of my job.
的確很可怕。所以《穿普拉達的惡魔》是我最喜歡的電影。因為那使我想起了我曾做過的工作。
A: Oh!
哦!
B: I even had nightmares of my boss after quitting.
我在離職后甚至做噩夢還會夢到老板。
A: Wow!
哇哦!
B: Imagine. It was a really bad job.
可想而知,那真的是非常糟糕的工作。