(蒂姆是一個來自美國的游客,他現(xiàn)在走進一家酒吧和一個當?shù)氐哪吧挠碎_始了談話。)
(Tim is an American tourist, now he goes to a bar and starts a conversation with a native English stranger.)
蒂姆:您好,我可以跟您坐在一起嗎?
Tim: Hi, may I join you here?
陌生人:哦,請坐!您不是英國人吧?
Stranger: Oh, please do! You're not English, are you?
蒂姆:不是,我是美國人。
Tim: No, I'm American.
陌生人:您從美國什么地方來的?
Stranger: Which part of America are you from?
蒂姆:洛杉磯,美國西部的一個港口城市。
Tim: Los Angles, a port city of the west part.
陌生人:您是到這兒旅游,對嗎?
Stranger: You come here for tourism, don't you?
蒂姆:是的。你們的城市確實很美。
Tim: Yes. You city is really beautiful.
陌生人:您打算在這個城市呆多長時間?
Stranger: How long are you staying here in this city?
蒂姆:再呆兩天。我是上個星期五到這里的。
Tim: Another two days. It was last Friday that I came here.
陌生人:給您再來一杯好嗎?
Stranger: Can I get you another drink?
蒂姆:啊,您真好。謝謝。
Tim: Well, it's very kind of you. Thank you.