11、 Eating Out 外出用餐
(1)Making a Reservation預約訂餐
A:Greenery Cafe.
您好,綠茵閣。
B:Hi, I’d like to make dinner reservations for 7:30 tonight.
你好,我想預定今天晚上7:30的晚餐座位。
A:We’re all booked at 7:30. How about 8:00 or 8:30?
我們7:30的座席都訂光了。8:00或8:30怎么樣?
B:8:00 is fine.
8:00可以。
A:For how many?
多少個人?
B:There will be two of us.
兩個。
A:What’s your name and number, please?
請告訴我您的姓名和電話號碼。
B:Zhao. My number is 86657152.
我姓趙。電話是86657152。
A:So, that’s a table for two at 8:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you, Mr. Zhao.
兩人一桌,晚上八點。趙先生,我們恭候您的光臨。
(2) Ordering 點菜
A:We have a few specials on the menu this evening. First there’s a lovely steak served with potatoes. And we have a delicious shrimp dish in a garlic sauce served over rice.
我們今天晚上有幾個特色菜。首先是上等牛排加馬鈴薯。另外有噴香的蒜蓉蝦飯。
B:Which one would you recommend?
那你推薦哪一個?
A:I think the steak is the best thing on the menu.
我認為牛排是菜單上最好的菜。
B:OK. I’ll have that then.
那好。我就要牛排。
A:How would you like your steak?
你的牛排要怎么做?
B:Medium rare.
中熟。/六分熟。
A:Anything to drink?
要喝點什么嗎?
B:What kind of beer do you have?
你們有什么樣的啤酒?
A:Blue Girl, Tiger, and Pearl River.
藍妹、虎啤和珠江。
B:A Pearl River, please.
請來一瓶珠江啤酒。
A:Sure.
好的。
B:Actually, I’d rather have carrots than potatoes with my steak.
我想在牛排里放胡羅卜而不要馬鈴薯。
A:I’ll check with the chef, but I’m sure that won’t be a problem.
我要問一下廚師,不過我相信不會有問題的。
B:Great. Thanks for helping me out.
太好了。謝謝你。
(3)Checking 買單
A:Would you like some coffee or dessert?
你要不要來點咖啡或甜點?
B:I could go for some coffee. And you?
我想來點咖啡。你呢?
C:Nothing for me, thanks.
我什么都不要,謝謝。
B:Check, please.
買單。
A:Right away.
馬上就來。
額外成就感
飯店英語
reservation 預約
* Can I make a reservation for 5 people at seven tonight?
我能不能預約一個今晚7點鐘5個人的桌位?
* I made reservations for dinner tonight to celebrate your promotion.
我今晚為你定了一桌菜,來慶祝你的升遷。
specials 特色佳肴;特價菜
* Do you have any specials for tonight?
今晚有沒有什么特色菜?
* Do you know what you want to order, or would you like to hear the specials?
你準備好點什么了嗎?要不要我介紹一些特色菜?
check 結帳,買單
* Excuse me, can we have the check, please.
對不起,我們可以買單了嗎?
* You can pay the check on your way out.
你可以出去的時候結帳。