英語聽力 學英語,練聽力,上聽力課堂! 注冊 登錄
    > 在線聽力 > 有聲讀物 > 世界名著 > 福爾摩斯探案全集 >  第190篇

    福爾摩斯探案集·四簽名 第97期:瓊諾贊·斯茂的奇異故事(7)

    所屬教程:福爾摩斯探案全集

    瀏覽:

    2021年09月05日

    手機版
    掃描二維碼方便學習和分享
    https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/10000/10341/sqm97.mp3
    https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012

    Well, one fine day the crash came.

    好啦,有一天變故來了。

    I had been away on a distant plantation and was riding slowly home in the evening,

    那天我正到遠處一個園子去辦事,黃昏時緩緩地騎著馬回來。

    when my eye fell upon something all huddled together at the bottom of a steep nullah.

    在途中我的目光被陡峭的峽谷谷底上的一堆蜷伏著的東西吸引住了。

    I rode down to see what it was, and the cold struck through my heart when I found it was Dawson's wife,

    我騎馬走下去一看,不禁毛骨悚然,正是道森的妻子

    all cut into ribbons, and half eaten by jackals and native dogs.

    她被人割成一條條的又被豺狼和野狗吃去了一半的殘尸。

    A little further up the road Dawson himself was lying on his face, quite dead,

    道森的尸體就趴在不遠的地方,

    with an empty revolver in his hand, and four sepoys lying across each other in front of him.

    手握著放空了的手槍,在他前面還躺著彼此壓在一起的四個印度兵的尸首。

    I reined up my horse, wondering which way I should turn;

    我控著馬韁,正不知往什么地方去才好,

    but at that moment I saw thick smoke curling up from Abel White's bungalow and the flames beginning to burst through the roof.

    忽然看見園主的房子燒了起來,火苗已經沖出屋頂。

    I knew then that I could do my employer no good, but would only throw my own life away if I meddled in the matter.

    我知道趕過去對主人絕無益處,也只能把自己的性命搭進去。

    From where I stood I could see hundreds of the black fiends,

    從我站的地方可以看見成百個穿紅衣的黑鬼子

    with their red coats still on their backs, dancing and howling round the burning house.

    正在對著燃燒的房子手舞足蹈,

    Some of them pointed at me, and a couple of bullets sang past my head:

    其中有幾個人向我指了一指,跟著就有兩顆流彈從我頭上掠過去。

    so I broke away across the paddy-fields, and found myself late at night safe within the walls at Agra.

    我扭轉馬頭就向稻地里狂奔而去,深夜才逃到了阿格拉城內。

    As it proved, however, there was no great safety there, either.

    可是事實上阿格拉也不是很安全的地方,

    The whole country was up like a swarm of bees.

    整個印度已變成好象一群馬蜂。

    Wherever the English could collect in little bands they held just the ground that their guns commanded.

    凡是英國人能聚集一些人的地方,也僅能保住槍炮射程以內的一小塊地方,

    Everywhere else they were helpless fugitives.

    其他各處的英國人都成了流浪的逃難者。

    用戶搜索

    瘋狂英語 英語語法 新概念英語 走遍美國 四級聽力 英語音標 英語入門 發(fā)音 美語 四級 新東方 七年級 賴世雄 zero是什么意思黃石市新百百貨英語學習交流群

    • 頻道推薦
    • |
    • 全站推薦
    • 推薦下載
    • 網站推薦