A man goes into a restaurant and sits down at one of the tables.一個人走進一家餐館,坐在一張桌子上。
A waiter comes up to him and gives him the menu.一個服務員走過來對他,給他菜單。
The man reads it carefully, then he orders all the most expensive dishes .那人細細閱讀,然后他命令所有最昂貴的菜肴。
Then a small boy comes into the restaurant and sits at the man's table.然后一個小男孩走進餐廳,坐在男人的表。
The waiter comes up and says to the man,服務員走了過來,說到人,
"What will your little boy like ? sir?"“什么將你的小男孩喜歡?先生?”
"Oh, just an ice cream," the man tells him.“哦,只是一個冰淇淋,”男人告訴他。
After he finishes his meal. the man stands up and says to the waiter,在他完成他的一餐。那個人站起來,說到服務員,
"I'm just going out to buy a newspaper. "“我只是要出去買一份報紙。“
He leaves the restaurant. The waiter gives the boy an ice cream.他離開了餐廳。服務員給了那個男孩一個冰淇淋。
The boy eats it, and then stands up and walks to the door.這個男孩吃它,然后站起來,走到門口。
The waiter runs towards him. "Excuse me, " he says,服務員跑向他。“對不起,”他說,
"but your father hasn't come back and he hasn't paid for his meal or your ice cream.“但是你父親還沒回來,他還沒有為他支付餐或你的冰淇淋。
You'd better stay here until your father comes back and pays his bill. "你最好呆在這里直到你爸爸回來和付賬。“
"He's not my father, " the boy says.“他不是我的父親,”男孩說。
"The man came up to me in the street and asked me if I liked ice cream.”那人走到我在街上,問我是否喜歡冰淇淋。
I told him I did. Then he told me to come into the restaurant at 2 0'clock.我告訴他我做了。然后他告訴我進入餐廳在2 0點。
and sit down at his table. He said he would give me one. "在他的桌子坐下。他說他會給我一個。“
WORD BANK
restaurant n.
餐館,飯店
order v.定購,定制
expensive adj.
花費的,昂貴的
dish n.盤裝菜;一道菜
bill/ bil/n.賬單;鈔票